Friday 25 June 2010

Narrative by Anamanu

A long time ago there was a mum called Katherine, dad called Samuel, a dog called Sam and three children called Tamati, James and Mia. Katherine, Mia and James went camping.

Tamati and Sam went to the dining room and ate their meal with Samuel. Tamati gave some of his broccoli to Sam. So Sam said: “I can’t eat this food. It’s too crunchy.” When they finished their yummy meal, they went in the living room and watched a movie.

It was time to go to bed. Dad read a story to Tamati. Tamati was woken up by a loud noise. It was the smoke alarm going: ‘’Beep, beep, beep.” Tamati and Sam got down, got low and got out fast. Tamati and Sam ran out through the front door and went to the safe meeting place and dad was already there.

Dad dialled 111 to call the fire-fighter. Tomas, the fire fighter arrived. Tomas put out the fire. They were safe and lived happily ever after.

2 comments:

Mrs. Barks said...

Hi Anamanu,

I really enjoyed reading your story. I like how you mixed short sentences with longer ones, and how you added some sentences using speech - it made it very interesting to read! I also like how you used commas when you added extra details. Well done!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anamanu

I enjoy reading your wonderful. I am so happy to read your story. I can't wait to read another story from you. See you at church.